Are you growing alchemilla in Montana, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Alchemilla to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Alchemilla have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for alchemilla to bloom in Montana:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Alchemilla, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Alchemilla Bloom in Montana?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when alchemilla will bloom: where your alchemilla are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Alchemilla Are Planted!!!
When your alchemilla will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a alchemilla is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a alchemilla is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a alchemilla is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Montana Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Montana. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, alchemilla will bloom:
- 2 years after starting alchemilla from seed
- 720 days after planting alchemilla in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Montana, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.