Are you growing balloon flower in Kansas, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Balloon Flower to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Balloon Flower have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for balloon flower to bloom in Kansas:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Balloon Flower, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Balloon Flower Bloom in Kansas?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Balloon Flower will bloom: where your Balloon Flower are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Balloon Flower Are Planted!!!
When your Balloon Flower will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a balloon flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a balloon flower is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a balloon flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Kansas Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Kansas. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, balloon flower will bloom:
- 180 days after starting balloon flower from seed
- 165 days after planting balloon flower in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Kansas, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.