Are you growing bee balm in Alabama, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Bee Balm to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Bee Balm have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for bee balm to bloom in Alabama:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Bee Balm, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Bee Balm Bloom in Alabama?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Bee Balm will bloom: where your Bee Balm are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Bee Balm Are Planted!!!
When your Bee Balm will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a bee balm is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a bee balm is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a bee balm is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Alabama Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Alabama. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, bee balm will bloom:
- 40 days after starting bee balm from seed
- 25 days after planting bee balm in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Alabama, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.