Are you growing billbergia in Colorado, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Billbergia to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Billbergia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for billbergia to bloom in Colorado:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Billbergia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Billbergia Bloom in Colorado?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Billbergia will bloom: where your Billbergia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Billbergia Are Planted!!!
When your Billbergia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a billbergia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a billbergia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a billbergia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Colorado Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Colorado. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, billbergia will bloom:
- 2 to 3 years after starting billbergia from seed
- 720 days after planting billbergia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Colorado, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.