Are you growing bluebell in Missouri, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Bluebell to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Bluebell have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for bluebell to bloom in Missouri:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Bluebell, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Bluebell Bloom in Missouri?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when bluebell will bloom: where your bluebell are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Bluebell Are Planted!!!
When your bluebell will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a bluebell is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a bluebell is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a bluebell is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Missouri Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Missouri. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, bluebell will bloom:
- 1460 to 1825 days (4 to 5 years) after starting bluebell from seed
- 14 days days after planting bluebell in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Missouri, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.