Are you growing butterfly bush in Kentucky, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Butterfly Bush have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for butterfly bush to bloom in Kentucky:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Butterfly Bush, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Butterfly Bush Bloom in Kentucky?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Butterfly Bush will bloom: where your Butterfly Bush are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Butterfly Bush Are Planted!!!
When your Butterfly Bush will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a butterfly bush is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a butterfly bush is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a butterfly bush is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Kentucky Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Kentucky. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, butterfly bush will bloom:
- 1 year after starting butterfly bush from seed
- 360 days after planting butterfly bush in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Kentucky, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.