Are you growing calendula in Arkansas, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Calendula to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Calendula have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for calendula to bloom in Arkansas:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Calendula, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Calendula Bloom in Arkansas?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Calendula will bloom: where your Calendula are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Calendula Are Planted!!!
When your Calendula will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a Calendula is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a calendula is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a calendula is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Arkansas Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Arkansas. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, calendula will bloom:
- 6 to 8 weeks after starting calendula from seed
- 25 days after planting vin your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Arkansas, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.