Are you growing california poppy in Delaware, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your California Poppy to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- California Poppy have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for california poppy to bloom in Delaware:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow California Poppy, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do California Poppy Bloom in Delaware?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when California Poppy will bloom: where your California Poppy are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your California Poppy Are Planted!!!
When your California Poppy will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a california poppy is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a california poppy is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a california poppy is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Delaware Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Delaware. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, california poppy will bloom:
- 60 to 75 days after starting california poppy from seed
- 45 days after planting california poppy in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Delaware, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.