Are you growing calla lily in Missouri, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Calla Lily to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Calla Lily have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for calla lily to bloom in Missouri:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Calla Lily, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Calla Lily Bloom in Missouri?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Calla Lily will bloom: where your Calla Lily are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Calla Lily Are Planted!!!
When your Calla Lily will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a calla lily is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a calla lily is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a calla lily is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Missouri Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Missouri. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, calla lily will bloom:
- 13 to 16 weeks after starting calla lily from seed
- 75 days after planting calla lily in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Missouri, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.