Are you growing cape primrose in Ohio, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Cape Primrose have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for cape primrose to bloom in Ohio:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Cape Primrose, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Cape Primrose Bloom in Ohio?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Cape Primrose will bloom: where your Cape Primrose are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Cape Primrose Are Planted!!!
When your Cape Primrose will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a cape primrose is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a cape primrose is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a cape primrose is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Ohio Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Ohio. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, cape primrose will bloom:
- 6 months after starting cape primrose from seed
- 150 days after planting cape primrose in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Ohio, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.