Are you growing cardinal flower in Maryland, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Cardinal Flower to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Cardinal Flower have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for cardinal flower to bloom in Maryland:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Cardinal Flower, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Cardinal Flower Bloom in Maryland?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Cardinal Flower will bloom: where your Cardinal Flower are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Cardinal Flower Are Planted!!!
When your Cardinal Flower will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a cardinal flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a cardinal flower is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a cardinal flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Maryland Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Maryland. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, cardinal flower will bloom:
- 720 days after starting cardinal flower from seed
- 360 days after planting cardinal flower in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Maryland, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.