Are you growing carnation in North Dakota, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Carnation have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for carnation to bloom in North Dakota:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Carnation, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Carnation Bloom in North Dakota?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Carnation will bloom: where your Carnation are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Carnation Are Planted!!!
When your Carnation will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a carnation is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a carnation is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a carnation is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
North Dakota Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in North Dakota. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, carnation will bloom:
- 4 to 6 weeks after starting carnation from seed
- 14 days after planting carnation in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in North Dakota, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.