Are you growing celosia in North Carolina, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Celosia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for celosia to bloom in North Carolina:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Celosia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Celosia Bloom in North Carolina?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Celosia will bloom: where your Celosia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Celosia Are Planted!!!
When your Celosia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a celosia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a celosia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a celosia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
North Carolina Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in North Carolina. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, celosia will bloom:
- 90 days after starting celosia from seed
- 75 days after planting celosia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in North Carolina, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.