Are you growing clarkia in Utah, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Clarkia to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Clarkia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for clarkia to bloom in Utah:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Clarkia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Clarkia Bloom in Utah?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Clarkia will bloom: where your Clarkia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Clarkia Are Planted!!!
When your Clarkia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a clarkia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a clarkia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a clarkia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Utah Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Utah. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, clarkia will bloom:
- 90 days after starting clarkia from seed
- 75 days after planting clarkia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Utah, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.