Are you growing clover in Illinois, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Clover to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Clover have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for clover to bloom in Illinois:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Clover, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Clover Bloom in Illinois?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Clover will bloom: where your Clover are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Clover Are Planted!!!
When your Clover will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a clover is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a clover is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a clover is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Illinois Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Illinois. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, clover will bloom:
- 10 to 12 weeks after starting clover from seed
- 55 days after planting clover in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Illinois, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.