Are you growing dandelion in Kentucky, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Dandelion to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Dandelion have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for dandelion to bloom in Kentucky:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Dandelion, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Dandelion Bloom in Kentucky?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Dandelion will bloom: where your Dandelion are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Dandelion Are Planted!!!
When your Dandelion will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a dandelion is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a dandelion is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a dandelion is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Kentucky Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Kentucky. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, dandelion will bloom:
- 8 to 15 weeks after starting dandelion from seed
- 40 days after planting dandelion in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Kentucky, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.