Are you growing disa in California, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Disa to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Disa have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for disa to bloom in California:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Disa, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Disa Bloom in California?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when disa will bloom: where your disa are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Disa Are Planted!!!
When your disa will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a disa is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a disa is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a disa is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
California Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in California. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, disa will bloom:
- 120 to 180 days (4 to 6 months) after starting disa from seed
- 14 days after planting disa in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in California, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.