Are you growing echium in Idaho, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Echium to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Echium have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for echium to bloom in Idaho:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Echium, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Echium Bloom in Idaho?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when echium will bloom: where your echium are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Echium Are Planted!!!
When your echium will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a echium is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a echium is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a echium is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Idaho Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Idaho. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, echium will bloom:
- 2 to 3 years after starting echium from seed
- 720 days days after planting echium in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Idaho, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.