Are you growing epimedium in Michigan, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Epimedium to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Epimedium have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for epimedium to bloom in Michigan:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Epimedium, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Epimedium Bloom in Michigan?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when epimedium will bloom: where your epimedium are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Epimedium Are Planted!!!
When your epimedium will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a epimedium is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a epimedium is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a epimedium is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Michigan Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Michigan. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, epimedium will bloom:
- 365 days (1 year) after starting epimedium from seed
- 365 days days after planting epimedium in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Michigan, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.