Are you growing erigeron in New York, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Erigeron to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Erigeron have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for erigeron to bloom in New York:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Erigeron, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Erigeron Bloom in New York?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when erigeron will bloom: where your erigeron are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Erigeron Are Planted!!!
When your erigeron will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a erigeron is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a erigeron is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a erigeron is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
New York Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in New York. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, erigeron will bloom:
- 90 days (3 months) after starting erigeron from seed
- 75 days days after planting erigeron in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in New York, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.