Are you growing flannel flower in South Carolina, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Flannel Flower to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Flannel Flower have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for flannel flower to bloom in South Carolina:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Flannel Flower, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Flannel Flower Bloom in South Carolina?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Flannel Flower will bloom: where your Flannel Flower are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Flannel Flower Are Planted!!!
When your Flannel Flower will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a flannel flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a flannel flower is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a flannel flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
South Carolina Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in South Carolina. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, flannel flower will bloom:
- 1 year after starting flannel flower from seed
- 365 days after planting flannel flower in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in South Carolina, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.