Are you growing flax flower in Michigan, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Flax Flower to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Flax Flower have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for flax flower to bloom in Michigan:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Flax Flower, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Flax Flower Bloom in Michigan?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Flax Flower will bloom: where your Flax Flower are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Flax Flower Are Planted!!!
When your Flax Flower will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a flax flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a flax flower is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a flax flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Michigan Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Michigan. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, flax flower will bloom:
- 2 months after starting flax flower from seed
- 45 days after planting flax flower in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Michigan, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.