Are you growing forget me not in Alabama, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Forget Me Not to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Forget Me Not have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for forget me not to bloom in Alabama:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Forget Me Not, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Forget Me Not Bloom in Alabama?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Forget Me Not will bloom: where your Forget Me Not are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Forget Me Not Are Planted!!!
When your Forget Me Not will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a forget me not is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a forget me not is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a forget me not is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Alabama Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Alabama. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, forget me not will bloom:
- 1 year after starting forget me not from seed
- 365 days after planting forget me not in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Alabama, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.