Are you growing forsythia in Oregon, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Forsythia to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Forsythia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for forsythia to bloom in Oregon:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Forsythia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Forsythia Bloom in Oregon?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Forsythia will bloom: where your Forsythia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Forsythia Are Planted!!!
When your Forsythia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a forsythia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a forsythia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a forsythia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Oregon Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Oregon. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, forsythia will bloom:
- 2 to 3 weeks after starting forsythia from seed
- 14 days after planting forsythia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Oregon, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.