Are you growing freesia in Missouri, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Freesia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for freesia to bloom in Missouri:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Freesia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Freesia Bloom in Missouri?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Freesia will bloom: where your Freesia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Freesia Are Planted!!!
When your Freesia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a freesia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a freesia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a freesia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Missouri Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Missouri. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, freesia will bloom:
- 6 months after starting freesia from seed
- 150 days after planting freesia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Missouri, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.