Are you growing gardenia in Nebraska, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Gardenia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for gardenia to bloom in Nebraska:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Gardenia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Gardenia Bloom in Nebraska?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Gardenia will bloom: where your Gardenia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Gardenia Are Planted!!!
When your Gardenia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a gardenia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a gardenia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a gardenia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Nebraska Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Nebraska. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, gardenia will bloom:
- 2 to 3 years after starting gardenia from seed
- 720 days after planting gardenia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Nebraska, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.