Are you growing geranium in New Jersey, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Geranium have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for geranium to bloom in New Jersey:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Geranium, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Geranium Bloom in New Jersey?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Geranium will bloom: where your Geranium are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Geranium Are Planted!!!
When your Geranium will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a geranium is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a geranium is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a geranium is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
New Jersey Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in New Jersey. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, geranium will bloom:
- 12 to 15 weeks after starting geranium from seed
- 70 days after planting geranium in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in New Jersey, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.