Are you growing hawthorn in Vermont, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Hawthorn have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for hawthorn to bloom in Vermont:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Hawthorn, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Hawthorn Bloom in Vermont?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Hawthorn will bloom: where your Hawthorn are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Hawthorn Are Planted!!!
When your Hawthorn will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a hawthorn is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a hawthorn is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a hawthorn is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Vermont Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Vermont. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, hawthorn will bloom:
- 1 to 2 years after starting hawthorn from seed
- 365 days after planting hawthorn in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Vermont, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.