Are you growing knautia in Montana, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Knautia to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Knautia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for knautia to bloom in Montana:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Knautia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Knautia Bloom in Montana?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Knautia will bloom: where your Knautia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Knautia Are Planted!!!
When your Knautia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a knautia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a knautia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a knautia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Montana Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Montana. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, knautia will bloom:
- 3 months after starting knautia from seed
- 75 days after planting knautia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Montana, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.