Are you growing lunaria in Connecticut, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Lunaria to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Lunaria have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for lunaria to bloom in Connecticut:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Lunaria, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Lunaria Bloom in Connecticut?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Lunaria will bloom: where your Lunaria are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Lunaria Are Planted!!!
When your Lunaria will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a lunaria is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a lunaria is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a lunaria is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Connecticut Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Connecticut. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, lunaria will bloom:
- 9 weeks after starting lunaria from seed
- 50 days after planting lunaria in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Connecticut, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.