Are you growing marigold in Wisconsin, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Marigold have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for marigold to bloom in Wisconsin:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Marigold, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Marigold Bloom in Wisconsin?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Marigold will bloom: where your Marigold are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Marigold Are Planted!!!
When your Marigold will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a marigold is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a marigold is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a marigold is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Wisconsin Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Wisconsin. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, marigold will bloom:
- 8 weeks after starting marigold from seed
- 40 days after planting marigold in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Wisconsin, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.