Are you growing mimosa in Hawaii, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Mimosa have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for mimosa to bloom in Hawaii:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Mimosa, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Mimosa Bloom in Hawaii?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Mimosa will bloom: where your Mimosa are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Mimosa Are Planted!!!
When your Mimosa will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a mimosa is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a mimosa is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a mimosa is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Hawaii Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Hawaii. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, mimosa will bloom:
- 3 to 4 months after starting mimosa from seed
- 75 days after planting mimosa in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Hawaii, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.