Are you growing monk’s hood in Michigan, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Monk’s Hood to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Monk’s Hood have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for monk’s hood to bloom in Michigan:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Monk’s Hood, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Monk’s Hood Bloom in Michigan?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Monk’s Hood will bloom: where your Monk’s Hood are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Monk’s Hood Are Planted!!!
When your Monk’s Hood will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a monk’s hood is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a monk’s hood is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a monk’s hood is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Michigan Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Michigan. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, monk’s hood will bloom:
- 1 to 2 years after starting monk’s hood from seed
- 1 year after planting monk’s hood in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Michigan, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.