Are you growing narcissus in New Jersey, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Narcissus to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Narcissus have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for narcissus to bloom in New Jersey:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Narcissus, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Narcissus Bloom in New Jersey?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when narcissus will bloom: where your narcissus are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Narcissus Are Planted!!!
When your petunia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
New Jersey Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in New Jersey. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, narcissus will bloom:
- 1 year after starting narcissus from seed
- 1 year after plant narcissus in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in New Jersey, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.