Are you growing petunias in Ohio, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Petunias to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Petunias have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for petunias to bloom in Ohio:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Petunias, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Petunias Bloom in Ohio?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when petunias will bloom: where your petunias are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Petunias Are Planted!!!
When your petunia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks.
Ohio Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Ohio. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, petunias will bloom:
- 70 to 85 days after starting petunias from seed
- 55 days after planting petunias in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Ohio, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.