Are you growing petunia in Ohio, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Petunia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for petunia to bloom in Ohio:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Petunia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Petunia Bloom in Ohio?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Petunia will bloom: where your Petunia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Petunia Are Planted!!!
When your Petunia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a petunia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Ohio Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Ohio. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, petunia will bloom:
- 75 days after starting petunia from seed
- 55 days after planting petunia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Ohio, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.