Are you growing phlox in Nebraska, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Phlox to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Phlox have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for phlox to bloom in Nebraska:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Phlox, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Phlox Bloom in Nebraska?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Phlox will bloom: where your Phlox are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Phlox Are Planted!!!
When your Phlox will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a phlox is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a phlox is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a phlox is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Nebraska Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Nebraska. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, phlox will bloom:
- 5 to 6 months after starting phlox from seed
- 125 days after planting phlox in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Nebraska, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.