Are you growing yellow-Eyed Grass in Illinois, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Yellow-Eyed Grass to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Yellow-Eyed Grass have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for yellow-Eyed Grass to bloom in Illinois:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Yellow-Eyed Grass, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Yellow-Eyed Grass Bloom in Illinois?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when yellow-Eyed Grass will bloom: where your yellow-Eyed Grass are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Yellow-Eyed Grass Are Planted!!!
When your Yellow-Eyed Grass will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a yellow-Eyed Grass is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a yellow-Eyed Grass is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a yellow-Eyed Grass is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Illinois Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Illinois. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, yellow-Eyed Grass will bloom:
- 2 years after starting yellow-Eyed Grass from seed
- 2 years after planting yellow-Eyed Grass in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Illinois, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.