Are you growing zinnia in Louisiana, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Zinnia to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Zinnia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for Zinnia to bloom in Louisiana:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Zinnias, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Zinnia Bloom in Louisiana?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Zinnia will bloom: where your zinnia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Zinnia Are Planted!!!
When your zinnia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a zinnia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a zinnia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a zinnia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Louisiana Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Louisiana. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, zinnia will bloom:
- 2 months after starting Zinnia from seed
- 45 days after planting zinnia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Louisiana, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.