Do you want to fertilize cauliflower in Arkansas, but don’t know when the best time to do so is?
Fertilizing cauliflower is not as easy as it seems.
- Cauliflower require a specific time to be fertilized and a particular amount of fertilization.
So if you fertilize them too early they will die and if you fertilize them too late you won’t get any fruit.
And if you fertilize too much you will “burn” your plant and if you don’t fertilize enough your cauliflower plant won’t grow quickly and large enough to bear a high yield of fruit.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to fertilize cauliflower in Arkansas:
- To Learn More About WHEN To Fertilize Cauliflower, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Fertilize Cauliflower in Arkansas
There are two specific times you should fertilize your cauliflower plants:
- You should immediately fertilize your cauliflower plants with a 10-10-10 NPK balanced fertilizer mix. The fertilizer should either be mixed with the soil you are planting or in the hole before you transplant your cauliflower into the ground. This will allow your plants to grow quicker and larger.
- The second round of fertilization should be applied just as your cauliflower plant begins to grow fruit. You will want to still use a 10-10-10 balanced fertilizer mix. You will want to apply it to your soil and immediately water after. This will allow your cauliflower plant to bear bigger and more fruit.
When NOT to Fertilize Cauliflower in Arkansas
There are certain times you should not fertilize your cauliflower plant.
- Don’t fertilize seedlings that are less than 1 month old.
- Don’t fertilize cauliflower plants without immediately watering them after.
- Don’t fertilize cauliflower plants once they have ripened fruit on them.
- Don’t fertilize cauliflower after the initial fertilization period or before fruit begins to grow on your plant.
How Much Fertilizer Should I Apply to My Cauliflower Plants?
The amount of fertilization you apply will depend on the specific type of cauliflower plant you have.
As a general rule you should:
- Always follow the instructions on your fertilizer package. Never apply more than the recommended amount.
- Apply the proper amount of fertilization around your cauliflower plant and never directly on it or on its stem.
- Provide the same amount of fertilization each time you apply it so that your cauliflower plant does not become shocked by too many or too few nutrients.
If you want to learn WHEN to Fertilize ANY Plant in Arkansas, head over HERE and just type in the plant you want to fertilize.
You can also find the BEST Fertilizers for Cauliflower or Any Plant HERE.