Do you want to fertilize eggplant in New York, but don’t know when the best time to do so is?
Fertilizing eggplant is not as easy as it seems.
- Eggplant require a specific time to be fertilized and a particular amount of fertilization.
So if you fertilize them too early they will die and if you fertilize them too late you won’t get any fruit.
And if you fertilize too much you will “burn” your plant and if you don’t fertilize enough your eggplant plant won’t grow quickly and large enough to bear a high yield of fruit.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to fertilize eggplant in New York:
- To Learn More About WHEN To Fertilize Eggplant, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Fertilize Eggplant in New York
There are two specific times you should fertilize your eggplant plants:
- You should immediately fertilize your eggplant plants with a 10-10-10 NPK balanced fertilizer mix. The fertilizer should either be mixed with the soil you are planting or in the hole before you transplant your eggplant into the ground. This will allow your plants to grow quicker and larger.
- The second round of fertilization should be applied just as your eggplant plant begins to grow fruit. You will want to still use a 10-10-10 balanced fertilizer mix. You will want to apply it to your soil and immediately water after. This will allow your eggplant plant to bear bigger and more fruit.
When NOT to Fertilize Eggplant in New York
There are certain times you should not fertilize your eggplant plant.
- Don’t fertilize seedlings that are less than 1 month old.
- Don’t fertilize eggplant plants without immediately watering them after.
- Don’t fertilize eggplant plants once they have ripened fruit on them.
- Don’t fertilize eggplant after the initial fertilization period or before fruit begins to grow on your plant.
How Much Fertilizer Should I Apply to My Eggplant Plants?
The amount of fertilization you apply will depend on the specific type of eggplant plant you have.
As a general rule you should:
- Always follow the instructions on your fertilizer package. Never apply more than the recommended amount.
- Apply the proper amount of fertilization around your eggplant plant and never directly on it or on its stem.
- Provide the same amount of fertilization each time you apply it so that your eggplant plant does not become shocked by too many or too few nutrients.
If you want to learn WHEN to Fertilize ANY Plant in New York, head over HERE and just type in the plant you want to fertilize.
You can also find the BEST Fertilizers for Eggplant or Any Plant HERE.