Do you want to fertilize radish in Montana, but don’t know when the best time to do so is?
Fertilizing radish is not as easy as it seems.
- Radish require a specific time to be fertilized and a particular amount of fertilization.
So if you fertilize them too early they will die and if you fertilize them too late you won’t get any fruit.
And if you fertilize too much you will “burn” your plant and if you don’t fertilize enough your radish plant won’t grow quickly and large enough to bear a high yield of fruit.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to fertilize radish in Montana:
- To Learn More About WHEN To Fertilize Radish, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Fertilize Radish in Montana
There are two specific times you should fertilize your radish plants:
- You should immediately fertilize your radish plants with a 10-10-10 NPK balanced fertilizer mix. The fertilizer should either be mixed with the soil you are planting or in the hole before you transplant your radish into the ground. This will allow your plants to grow quicker and larger.
- The second round of fertilization should be applied just as your radish plant begins to grow fruit. You will want to still use a 10-10-10 balanced fertilizer mix. You will want to apply it to your soil and immediately water after. This will allow your radish plant to bear bigger and more fruit.
When NOT to Fertilize Radish in Montana
There are certain times you should not fertilize your radish plant.
- Don’t fertilize seedlings that are less than 1 month old.
- Don’t fertilize radish plants without immediately watering them after.
- Don’t fertilize radish plants once they have ripened fruit on them.
- Don’t fertilize radish after the initial fertilization period or before fruit begins to grow on your plant.
How Much Fertilizer Should I Apply to My Radish Plants?
The amount of fertilization you apply will depend on the specific type of radish plant you have.
As a general rule you should:
- Always follow the instructions on your fertilizer package. Never apply more than the recommended amount.
- Apply the proper amount of fertilization around your radish plant and never directly on it or on its stem.
- Provide the same amount of fertilization each time you apply it so that your radish plant does not become shocked by too many or too few nutrients.
If you want to learn WHEN to Fertilize ANY Plant in Montana, head over HERE and just type in the plant you want to fertilize.
You can also find the BEST Fertilizers for Radish or Any Plant HERE.