Do you want to grow armeria maritima seeds in New York, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting armeria maritima seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Armeria Maritima Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because New York’s growing season is not long enough, armeria maritima seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start armeria maritima seeds indoors in New York:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Armeria Maritima, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Armeria Maritima Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of armeria maritima, it takes roughly 14-28 days (2 to 4 weeks) to grow armeria maritima from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 2 months for your armeria maritima to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your armeria maritima seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 14 days from it
You can also find the average last frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your armeria maritima seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your armeria maritima seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your armeria maritima plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in New York, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.