Do you want to grow asian green seeds in Ohio, but don’t know when to start them?
Whether growing indoors or in a garden, starting asian green seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Asian Green Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because Ohio’s growing season is not long enough, asian green seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start asian green seeds indoors in Ohio:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Asian Greens, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Asian Green Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of asian greens, it takes roughly 40-60 days (6 to 8 weeks) to grow asian greens from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden.
The approximate date of when you should start your asian green seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 60 days from it
You can also find the average last frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your asian green seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your asian green seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
Once your seedlings are ready, you can read how to transplant your plant HERE.
- Related: Here is the BEST Time to Plant Asian Greens in a Garden in Ohio
- Related: Here is the BEST Time to Fertilize Asian Greens in Ohio
- Related: Here is the BEST Time to Harvest Asian Greens in Ohio
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your asian green plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bear vegetables.
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Vegetable Seed in Alaska, head over to HERE and just type in the vegetable you want to grow.