Do you want to grow bachelor’s button seeds in Kentucky, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting bachelor’s button seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Bachelor’s Button Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because Kentucky’s growing season is not long enough, bachelor’s button seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start bachelor’s button seeds indoors in Kentucky:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Bachelor’s Button, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Bachelor’s Button Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of bachelor’s button, it takes roughly 7 to 14 days (1 to 2 weeks) to grow bachelor’s button from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 6 to 8 weeks for your bachelor’s button to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your bachelor’s button seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 7 days from it
You can also find the average last frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your bachelor’s button seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your bachelor’s button seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your bachelor’s button plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Kentucky, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.