Do you want to grow blue star flower seeds in Michigan, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting blue star flower seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Blue Star Flower Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because Michigan’s growing season is not long enough, blue star flower seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start blue star flower seeds indoors in Michigan:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Blue Star Flower, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Blue Star Flower Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of blue star flower, it takes roughly 28-42 days (4 to 6 weeks) to grow blue star flower from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 2 to 3 years for your blue star flower to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your blue star flower seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 28 days from it
You can also find the average last frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your blue star flower seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your blue star flower seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your blue star flower plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Michigan, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.