Do you want to grow butterfly bush seeds in New Hampshire, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting butterfly bush seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Butterfly Bush Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because New Hampshire’s growing season is not long enough, butterfly bush seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start butterfly bush seeds indoors in New Hampshire:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Butterfly Bush, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Butterfly Bush Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of butterfly bush, it takes roughly 7 to 21 days to grow butterfly bush from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 1 year for your butterfly bush to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your butterfly bush seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 7 days from it
You can also find the average last frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your butterfly bush seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your butterfly bush seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your butterfly bush plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in New Hampshire, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.