Do you want to grow camellia seeds in Montana, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting camellia seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Camellia Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Because Montana’s growing season is not long enough, camellia seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start camellia seeds indoors in Montana:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Camellia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Camellia Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of camellia, it takes roughly 30 days to grow camellia from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 16 months for your camellia to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your camellia seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 30 days from it
To help ensure the greatest success of your camellia seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your camellia seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your camellia plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Montana, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.