Do you want to grow cyclamen seeds in Oregon, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting cyclamen seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Cyclamen Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because Oregon’s growing season is not long enough, cyclamen seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start cyclamen seeds indoors in Oregon:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Cyclamen, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Cyclamen Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of cyclamen, it takes roughly 30 to 60 days to grow cyclamen from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 9 months for your cyclamen to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your cyclamen seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the first average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 30 days from it
You can also find the average first frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your cyclamen seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your cyclamen seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your cyclamen plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your first frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Oregon, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.