Do you want to grow forget me not seeds in Oregon, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting forget me not seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Forget Me Not Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because Oregon’s growing season is not long enough, forget me not seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start forget me not seeds indoors in Oregon:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Forget Me Not, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Forget Me Not Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of forget me not, it takes roughly 8 to 14 days to grow forget me not from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 1 year for your forget me not to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your forget me not seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 8 days from it
You can also find the average last frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your forget me not seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your forget me not seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your forget me not plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Oregon, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.